This post was updated on 26th June 2019
Wondering if Sentosa Island fun pass at Singapore is worth it? Weather you are headed to Singapore for honeymoon or just a casual family holiday; its always good to plan in advance. Get a detailed review of activities and attractions in Sentosa and plan your day.
We took Sentosa fun pass when we visited Singapore. I had done my research and thought I was well prepared for the day. However, I still felt lost when I arrived Sentosa island. Hope this blog will help some people to plan their visit to Sentosa and Universal Studio.
Here are the questions I have tried answering:
- Is the fun pass worth it?
- What is the token system in Sentosa Fun Pass?
- Where to buy the fun pass?
- Can I buy more tokens if required?
- Are there attractions that are not covered in Sentosa Fun Pass?
- Can I buy tickets to the activities separately if my tokens are finished?
- How to get the day pass redeemed?
- When to visit Sentosa/ USS?
- How to reach Sentosa/ USS?
- Are there any special events in Sentosa/ Universal Studio?
- Is outside food/ drink allowed in Sentosa/ USS?
- What are the various attractions in Sentosa (along with restrictions/ videos/ descriptions)?
- How does one travel inside Sentosa?
- Are all attractions in Sentosa closeby?
- Are Sentosa attractions open when it rains?
- Is there a suggested itinerary for Sentosa?
Is 2 day fun pass worth it?
I think the fun pass is totally worth it. Though we went on Monday and Tuesday and did not see much crowd; it was still not worth wasting time buying tickets after reaching Sentosa. 2 day at Sentosa pass gives you a choice of 25+ attractions in Sentosa Island. The attractions include:
- 4D AdventureLand: Desperados in 4D (10am-9pm, last entry 8.45pm)
- 4D AdventureLand: Extreme Log Ride (10am-9pm, last entry 8.45pm)
- 4D AdventureLand: Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (10am-9pm, last entry 8.45pm)
- 4D AdventureLand: Haunted Mine Ride 4D (10am-9pm, last entry 8.45pm)
- Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom (9.30am-7pm, last entry 6.30pm)
- Gogreen: Bi-Pedal Bicycle (2 hours) (10am-7.30pm, last rental 5.30pm)
- Gogreen: Segway Fun Ride (250m, 500m & 800m) (10am-7.30pm, last entry 7.15pm)
- Mega Adventure Park: Megajump,Megabounce, Jungle Buggy Ride or MegaZip+MegaClimb (11am – 7pm, last entry 6.45pm)
- S.E.A. Aquarium (Operating hours depends on the park timings for the day, last entry: 6.30pm)
- Maritime Experiential Museum (Operating hours depends on the park timings for the day, last entry:
- AdventureCove Water Park (Operating hours depends on the park timings for the day)
- Sentosa Merlion (10am-8pm, last entry 7.30pm)
- Tiger Sky Tower (9am-9pm, last entry 8.45pm)
- Trick Eye Museum (10am-9pm, last entry 8pm)
- Wave House – Catch-A-Wave (2 Tries) (Refer to Wave House Sentosa website for operating hours, last entry 8pm)
- Wings of Time (Standard / Premium Seat) (Show timing 7.40pm or 8.40pm)
- AJ Hackett Sentosa (Skybridge and Giant Swing):
• Mon-Thurs : 11am-7pm
• Fri, Eve of Public Holiday : 11am-10pm
• Sat : 10am-10pm
• Sun, Public Holiday : 10am-7pm
- iFly Singapore (Mon, Tue & Thu- Sun: 9am-9.30pm, Wed: 11am-9.30pm)
- Sentosa Island Bus Tour (Tour Commences @ 10:30am, 12:30pm and 2:30pm)
- KidZania Singapore (10am to 6pm)
- Ola Beach Club – Kayak and Stand-Up Paddleboard 30 mins each (10am to 6pm, last entry 5pm)
- Madame Tussauds Singapore + Images of Singapore LIVE (10am to 7:30pm)
- Singapore Cable Car: Sky Pass (Round Trip) (8:45am – 9:30pm)
- Super Yacht Royal Albatross (10:30am to 8pm)
- Musical Taru
The timings may vary on public holidays and check at the information desk if you are visiting on a public holiday.
Sentosa is huge and it is not possible to do all of these in one day; and the pass can be used over 2 consecutive days.
What is the token system in Sentosa Fun Pass?
The attractions covered under Sentosa fun pass are all associated with tokens. The tokens can also be used for buying food and beverages (F&B) or some retail merchandise. You need to redeem the tokens to enjoy the attraction/buy the item. Here is a list of various attractions and the tokens required for each:
|Attractions near Siloso Beach||Tokens Required|
|AJ Hackett Sentosa||Soft Drink||5|
|Half Pint Lager||10|
|Half Pint Lager + Spring Rolls + Skybridge||30|
|Giant Swing + 1 T-shirt||50|
|Gogreen Bicycle||Bi-Pedal Bicycle (30 Mins)||5|
|Bi-Pedal Bicycle (1 Hr)||10|
|Bi-Pedal Bicycle (2 Hrs)||15|
|Island Explorer (4 Hrs)||25|
|Gogreen Segway||Fun Ride (250m)||10|
|Fun Ride (500m)||15|
|Fun Ride (800m)||20|
|Eco Adventure (30 mins)||35|
|iFly Singapore||Regular Hot Coffee / Hot or Cold Tea / Combo: Canned Drink + Ice-cream||5|
|The Teaser (1 Skydive)||90|
|First Timer Challenger (2 Skydives)||110|
|KidZania Singapore||TranZit PaZZ (3 hrs)||25|
|Ola Beach Club||Single Kayak (30 mins)||10|
|Stand-Up Paddleboard (30 mins)||10|
|One Faber Group||Sentosa Island Bus Tour& (1 hr) 10.30am I 12.30pm I 2.30pm||10|
|2 pcs Merlion Waffles + Coffee/ Tea||5|
|Wave House Sentosa||Wave House Sentosa||10|
|Flow Rider (1 Hr)||35|
|Wings of Time||Standard Seat* 7.40pm I 8.40pm||15|
|Premium Seat* 7.40pm I 8.40pm||20|
|Attractions near Imbiah Lookout||Tokens Required|
|Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom||Bookmark Making Workshop + Souvenir||5|
|Magnolia Ice Block + Mineral Water||5|
|Admission + Bird Feeding||20|
|Madame Tussauds Singapore||VR Racing Experience||15|
|Madame Tussauds Singapore + Images of Singapore LIVE||25|
|Madame Tussauds Singapore + Images of Singapore LIVE + Marvel 4D Cinema||30|
|Mega Adventure Park||Any 2 Bottled Drinks||5|
|1 Ice Cream (Selected)||5|
|Jungle Buggy Ride||5|
|MegaClimb (2 Levels)||30|
|MegaZip^ (2 Rides)||65|
|Sentosa Merlion (One Faber Group)||Admission (Free upgrade to Sentosa Merlion Guided Tour for redemptions at selected timings: 11.45am, 1.45pm or 3.45pm)||10|
|Sentosa 4D AdventureLand||One Magnum Ice-cream||5|
|Two Magnum Ice-cream||10|
|Desperados in 4D||10|
|Extreme Log Ride||15|
|Journey 2 – The Mysterious Island||15|
|Haunted Mine Ride||15|
|Choose “Any 2” Show||25|
|4-in-1 Combo (Extreme Log Ride / Haunted Mine Ride / Journey 2: The Mysterious Island / Desperados) – CHILD ticket||35|
|4-in-1 Combo (Extreme Log Ride / Haunted Mine Ride / Journey 2: The Mysterious Island / Desperados) – ADULT ticket||40|
|Singapore Cable Car (One Faber Group)||Sky Pass (Round Trip)||30|
|Tiger Sky Tower||Single Ride (Child)||5|
|Single Ride (Adult)||10|
|Attractions at Resorts World Sentosa||Tokens Required|
|The Maritime Experiential Museum||Admission||10|
|Adventure Cove Waterpark||Admission (Child)||30|
|S.E.A. Aquarium™# + The Maritime Experiential Museum™||Admission (Child)||30|
|S.E.A. Aquarium™# + The Maritime Experiential Museum™ + Typhoon Theatre + Super Yacht Royal Albatross Dockside Visit (15 mins)||Admission (Child)||40|
|Super Yacht Royal Albatross||Super Yacht Royal Albatross Visit||5|
|Guided Tour (Child)||10|
|Cocktail (only for 18 years old and above)||15|
|Guided Tour (Adult)||20|
|MTSG VR Racing Experience||15|
|Trick Eye Museum||AR Luggage Tag||5|
|Admission (Off Peak) 6pm to 8pm (Standard)||15|
|Admission (Regular Hours) 10am to 6pm (Child)||15|
|Admission (Regular Hours) 10am to 6pm (Adult)||20|
|Admission (Regular Hours) 10am to 6pm + 1 Ride at HeadRock VR||30|
|Musical Taru||Category 1||60|
Where to buy the Sentosa fun pass?
Fun pass is available at Sentosa’s website. We looked at various website for discounted tickets, but we got the best deal at their website itself. Click on the value bundles to look at all the packages.
Cost of the packages as on June 2019 are:
- 55 tokens: $51.00 (Adults or kids)
- 80 tokens: $72.00 (Adults or kids)
- 120 tokens: $105.00 (Adults or kids)
There are value bundles that combine USS and Sentosa. This needs to be used in 3 consecutive days. The costs of the packages are:
- Adult: 55 tokens + USS: $120.00
- Adult: 80 tokens + USS: $140.00
- Adult: 120 tokens + USS: $170.00
- Child: 55 tokens + USS: $100.00
- Child: 80 tokens + USS: $120.00
- Child: 120 tokens + USS: $150.00
This saves upto 20 – 30% easily, apart from the hassle of buying tickets everywhere.
Can I buy more tokens if required?
Yes you can buy tokens in blocks of 5. Top-up tokens cost SGD 5 for 5 tokens
Are there attractions that are not covered in Sentosa Fun Pass?
Yes, there are many attractions in Sentosa that are not covered in the fun pass. Some of them are:
- Gogreen: E-Scooter
- Skyline Luge Sentosa
- Animal and Bird Encounters
- Fort Siloso
- Palawan Pirate Ship
- Dolphin Island
- Crane Dance
- Lake of Dreams
If you are interested in any of these, you will need to buy separate tickets for these individual attractions. Luge is one of the most famous activity which tourists prefer to go for. Dolphin Island is also a popular attraction if you are looking for close encounter with dolphins.
Can I buy tickets to the activities separately if my tokens are finished?
Yes, you can buy separate tickets for each activity / attraction if you wish to. Tickets are available at respective activity / attraction entrance.
How to get the day pass redeemed?
Sentosa fun pass can be redeemed at the following places:
On the Sentosa Island:
- Beach Station (9:00am to 9:00pm)
- Imbiah Forecourt, opposite Madame Tussauds Singapore (10:00am to 6:00pm)
- Imbiah Lookout, beside Singapore Cable Car retail store (10:00am to 7:00pm)
- Merlion Plaza (9:00am to 8:00pm)
- Sentosa Boardwalk, before entrance to Resorts World Sentosa (9:00am to 5:00pm)
- Resorts World Sentosa Station(9:00am to 8:00pm)
Outside Sentosa Island:
- VivoCity Station (VivoCity Lobby L, Level 3, Sentosa Express) (9:00am to 9:00pm)
Unless you are staying in Sentosa, easiest of these is the Sentosa Station at Vivocity. Vivocity is the mall located along with the Harbourfront MRT. So reach Harbourfront MRT, follow directions to go to Level 3 of Vivocity. Ticket counters are right there. If you reach Sentosa before 9:00 am, ticket counters are at many places as you can see in the list.
When to visit Sentosa/ Universal Studio?
Its best to plan your visit in advance; making sure you do not land on weekends or public holidays; if you can avoid it. Check the Universal calendar on their website.
Check this calendar for June 2019:
Now check the August 2019 calendar:
You can see that though the usual timings are from 10am – 6pm; Universal is open till 7pm, 8pm and even 10:00 pm on many of the days.
Sometimes, they have special Halloween Dreams Parade night or other special events which are shown on the calendar. It also means those days will be more crowded than others. Unless you are interested in the event, its best to avoid these days.
This can help you plan your day.
Check the latest calendar on this site: Link to Resort World Sentosa Calendar
How to reach Sentosa
There are many ways to reach Sentosa/ USS:
By Sentosa Express Monorail: This is one of the fastest mode to reach Sentosa from Vivocity. The monorail that takes one to Sentosa is called Sentosa Express. It runs from Vivocity and has 3 stations: Waterfront, Imbiah and Beach station. There is a ticket of 4 SGD to board Sentosa Express. This can be paid via EZ link or tickets are available at the Vivocity ticket counters. If you are leaving Sentosa by monorail; there are no charges. So if you only want to get for an experience; come back free on Sentosa Express.
Sentosa Express Monorail Quick details: Operating hours: 7am to 12 midnight Frequency: Every 4 - 8 mins. Island Admission fee: SGD 4
By Bus (RWS8): This is the cheapest way (other than walking) to reach Sentosa. Board at bus stops outside VivoCity, Merrill Lynch (Bus Stop no. 14141), HarbourFront and before Seah Im Road. Flat fare of S$1.00 applies when entering the Resort. Exiting the Resort using the RWS8 bus is free. RWS8 drops you at Waterfront bus depot.
Bus RWS8 Quick details: Operating hours: 6am to 11:30pm Fare: SGD 1 per ride
Sentosa Cove Shuttle Bus: Take the white Sentosa Cove shuttle bus from HarbourFront Bus Interchange. Alight directly at Sentosa Cove Village’s drop-off point.
Sentosa Cove Shuttle Bus Quick details: Operating hours: 6:15am to 11:30pm Frequency: 30 mins during peak times Fare: SGD 2 per ride
By Sentosa Broadwalk: Reach Harbourfront station and go to Vivocity. At Vivocity; look for exit that takes you to Harbourfront boardwalk. It takes anywhere between 5-15 min depending on your speed to reach Sentosa. The boardwalk is not air conditioned though, so not a great choice during sunny days. There are travelators in between. If there is a long queue for Sentosa Express, this can be a good option.
Sentosa Broadwalk Quick details: Operating hours: 24/7 Entrance fee: Free
By Taxi: Radio taxis are easily available in Singapore. if you are not close to an MRT, this would be the fastest option to reach Sentosa/ Universal Studio. Most popular taxi service is Comfort Delgro, but it requires one to have a local number. If you do not have that, you can use Grab.
By Cable Car: Singapore Cable car has 2 lines:
Mount Faber Line Stations
- Mount Faber Station (Faber Peak Singapore)
- HarbourFront Station (HarbourFront Tower 2)
- Sentosa Station (Imbiah Lookout – next to Gift Shop)
Sentosa Line Stations
- Merlion Station
- Siloso Point Station
- Imbiah Lookout Station
Sentosa line stations are all inside Sentosa and are accessible only when one is in Sentosa. You will need to take the Mount Faber line if you want to go from Faber Peak or Harbourfront stations.
By Car: Having a private car is convenient to reach Sentosa; but not of use once inside USS. Car Parking charges are also high.
Are there any special events in Sentosa/ Universal Studio that one needs to check before visiting?
Sentosa/ USS has special events depending on the occasion. A list of the same is available on their events page https://store.sentosa.com.sg/main/events .
Is outside food/ drink allowed in Sentosa/ Universal Studio?
Sentosa is an island and you can carry food/ drink from outside. Water dispensers are available at various locations so one need not buy water inside. You can carry packed food on the day you are visiting Sentosa.
However, Universal Studio prohibits taking outside food and drinks. We met couple of people who carried 4-5 lts of water and were asked to throw it outside or keep in a locker.
That said, its not that you absolutely cannot take anything inside. We took one 1 litre bottle half full and no one said anything. There are water dispensers inside so one need not carry more. We also carried little snacks for our kiddo which we kept wrapped inside extra clothes/ raincoat that we carried to avoid detection. Mind you, only little can be carried this way. The lady did check our bags but the small items went undetected. Indian veg food is an issue in USS, but we had to live with whatever was available.
What are the various attractions in Sentosa Island?
I will cover only the ones that we visited. There are many more that have been introduced since, which I have added in the youtube playlist for an idea. You can access this playlist here.
- 4D AdventureLand: There are 4 rides in this – extreme log ride, desperados, Haunted Mine Ride and Journey 2 Mysterious island. The 4D effects in journey 2 mysterious island are good; extreme log ride is like a virtual roller coaster and kids would love desperados. I have made a youtube playlist of some attractions in Sentosa and it has a short promotional video on 4D adventureland too. You can access this playlist here.
The rides are popular and you should cover this before the queue gets long. The rides are each 10-15 min long.
- Journey 2/Extreme Log Ride – 90 cm or 2 feet 11.4 inches
- Desperados – 110 cm or 3 feet 6 inches
- Children under 3 years or those who do not meet height restrictions need to sit on their parents lap.
- Individuals with following conditions are encouraged to refrain:
- Physical Disabilities
- Heart and Cardiac Conditions
- Back and Spinal Problems
- Motion Sickness and Vertigo
- Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom: This is a small enclosure where you can see various types of butterflies and insects. We found the pupa nursery fascinating; one butterfly had just come out of the cocoon when we went. Also, we saw leaf insects and stick insects for the first time. The attraction should take max 30 min. I had recorded the lead insect and video is in the youtube playlist.
Butterfly park does not get very crowded, so you can visit it anytime.
- S.E.A. Aquarium: This is the 2nd largest aquarium in the world (2nd only next to China) and has over 1 lakh marine animals of 800 different species. We saw hammerhead shark for the first time here. If you have seen giant aquariums in Dubai/ Hong Kong; you can get an idea of how big it is. Its built beautifully and one can easily spent 1.5-2 hrs here admiring marine life and clicking pictures. One of the unique things was that they also feature some beautiful corals from across the world; which we have not found in any other aquarium till now. It is one of the popular attractions.
- Sentosa Merlion: Its the largest Merlion statue in Singapore. One can get inside and reach the top to click pictures. Budget 30 min for this.
- Skyline Luge Sentosa (1 Luge & 1 Skyride): This is one of the most popular and fun activity. Its first of its kind in south east asia and is hugely popular. Try to do this as early as you can when the queue is shorter. Luge is a fast paced cart which takes you down the beach station and you can come back on Skyride. One can go down the luge, spend time at the beach and then come back later on skyride. The entire ride takes 10 min, but queues could be long. Also, if you show the 1st ride ticket, you get the 2nd ride at 8SGD (as against ~18 SGD per ride). So if you really get thrill out of it, do it then and there.
- Children must be at least 6 years old and 110cm tall to ride the Luge alone.
- Children under 110cm tall or below 6 years old can ride the Luge in tandem
- Children must be at least 135cm in height to be able to ride on the Skyride alone.
- Children must be at least 85cm in height to be able to ride on the Skyride with an adult
- Due to safety reasons, pregnant women are unable to ride the Skyride or Luge.
- Singapore Cable Car – Sentosa Line or K-Live Sentosa (Hologram): K-Live Sentosa was not available when we went. Cable car sentosa line is available only after you enter Sentosa. It cannot be used for entering Sentosa. It has 3 stations – Waterfront (or Merlion), Imbiah and Siloso Beach. For getting the maximum out of it, get on at waterfront; go till the beach station and then come back from beach station to waterfront. You can do a round trip without getting down at beach station if you are expecting lot of crowd when coming back. Entire ride takes 8-10 min. Its a good attraction to start your day with; getting a birds eye view of all the activities. A video of the same can be found in the playlist here.
- Tiger Sky Tower: Sky tower takes you slowly to the top and then descends down. Entire Sentosa island and some of Indonesian islands are also visible from the top.
- Trick Eye Museum Singapore: We loved the trick eye museum and spent around 1.5 hr here. We have been to a similar museum in Mauritius (called Curious Corner of Chamarel); but I would rate trick eye museum in Singapore better. Reason being, every trick here had a guideline picture next to it showing how to get the best photo. Some of my favourites:
- Madame Tussauds Singapore and Images of Singapore LIVE: Madame Tussauds has many celebrity wax statues and you can spend a lot of time here if clicking pictures with celebrities interest you. We took a round looking at the statues and clicking a few pics and came out in 30-40 mins. Images of Singapore is a 45 min attraction that needs to be covered along with Madame Tussauds. People interested in history may find this fascinating, otherwise there is nothing you will miss. I have included a promotional video in the playlist.
- Segway Fun Ride: Segway fun ride is a short segway ride that you get to do. Kids have a trainer with them all the time.
- Participants must be over 42in (105cm) tall and weigh no more than 264lbs (120kg)
- Riders below the age of 10 will be accompanied by a walking guide
- Wings of Time: This is one of the best attractions of Sentosa. Its a 20 min show which happens at 7:40 pm and 8:40 pm. It gets really crowded so arrive early to get the best seats (middle row). Also, food is allowed inside so you can get something packed from many restaurants around. Recording of the entire show is available in the youtube playlist.
- MOSH! – This is a strictly kid’s attraction. It uses digital multimedia technology from Japan and would be fascinating for kids less than 10 yrs of age. It has 4 interesting activities for kids. It also has a small cafe where parents can relax while kids play. I have uploaded videos of 2 activities in the playlist.
How does one travel inside Sentosa?
This was little tricky for us. I had read that Sentosa is not very big and all attractions are easily walk-able. While this is true; the time is limited and its too hot during the day; so its not as easy as it sounds. There are few ways to travel inside Sentosa:
- Cable Car: Since you get a round trip ticket; you can finish activities around Merlion, board at Waterfront (Merlion) station and get down at Siloso beach. Once you are done, you can come back to Imbiah station and finish rest of the activities. Waterfront and Imbiah station are very close.
- Sentosa Buses: Travelling by buses inside Sentosa is free. There are 2 routes and buses run frequently. However, there are designated bus stops were they stop.
Sentosa Bus A Quick details: Operating Hours: 7am to 12:10am Frequency: Every 7-15 mins Ticket: Free
Sentosa Bus B Quick details:
Operating Hours: 7am to 12:10am
Frequency: Every 20-35 mins
- Sentosa Beach tram: Beach tram goes every 10 min and has stations close to the beach.
Sentosa Bus A Quick details:
Operating Hours: 9am to 10:30pm (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wed, Thursday, Friday), 9am – 12 midnight (Saturday)
Frequency: Every 10 mins
- Sentosa Express: Sentosa Express monorail has 3 stations: Imbiah, waterfront and Siloso beach. If you want to commute between 3, you can use the monorail for free.
Are all attractions in Sentosa closeby?
They are all in a radius of 1-1.5km from the Resorts world sentosa. But they are not easy to commute on foot; especially in Singapore heat. Download the Sentosa tourist map from this link (as on Aug 2017) and plan your day accordingly:
Are all Sentosa attractions open even when it rains?
The ones which are in open may not be open when it rains. This includes Mega Adventure Park, Skybridge, Kayak, Segway and Wings of time and other outdoor activities. Its best to check the weather once before you plan your day. Weather forecast is available at NEA govt website on 24 hour weather forecast -Singapore
Is there a suggested itinerary for Sentosa?
There is no fixed itinerary that can be suggested in Sentosa; mostly because there are so many attractions. One needs to decide which attractions / activities are to be covered and plan accordingly. Try to cover the popular and ourdoor attractions before it gets too hot in the day.
You will have to be flexible based on what time you reach Sentosa, how big the queues are and then the weather! Don’t forget to carry your umbrella/ raincoat for kids. It can rain anytime in Singapore and you do not want to waste your day waiting in the shade.
Have you been to Sentosa before and think I have missed out on some tips? Leave them in a comment below and I will add them here with credits 🙂
Do you know of someone traveling to Singapore who may need these fundae? Share this blog post with them. If you have any questions for me, leave a comment below the post or head to the travel forum.